Maybe you want to do a factory reset to release your Android phone, but you have to know you will lose everything on your Android phone after the factory reset, including your contacts, SMS, call logs, memorable videos and photos, music, apps you downloaded, and etc. If you don't want to lose these useful data on your Android phone, you'd better read this article because it will tell you how to backup Android phone before factory reset completely.
As a matter of fact, if you want to backup and reset Android phone in the correct way, you need make use of the professional tool. Android Backup - Samsung Messages Backup is a professional backup tool on Android. Users can backup everything from Android to computer without losing anything.
- You can backup everything on Android in 1 click with Android Backup, such as contacts, SMS, call history, photos, music, videos, books, apps, and other documents.
- Support to preview the Android files on the computer.
- You can select the Android files which you want and then backup them on the computer.
- Support to restore the Android backup data from the computer to your Android phone.
- Support to receive, edit and send messages on the computer.
What's more, Android Backup is compatible with almost all the Android phone in different brands, like Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7, Samsung Note 10+/Note 10/Note 9/Note 9+/Note 8, HTC U12+/U11+/U11/10, LG G8s/G8/G7/G6, OPPO R19/R17/R15, Huawei, Xiaomi, Motorola, and so on.
Download Android Backup below.
If you are eager to backup all the things on Android phone easily, you will get help here. With Android Backup software, you can backup Android phone before factory reset in 1 click. So you needn't spend a lot of time waiting for backup. Many people love this 1-click backup feature with Android Backup.
Step 1. Download and Install Android Backup
First of all, you need to download Android Backup on your computer, and then install and launch the program.
Step 2. Set Up a Connection between Android and PC
Next, please set up a connection between Android phone and the PC with a USB cable. Enable USB debugging on the Android phone. Android Backup will recognize your Android phone quickly.
Step 3. Backup Android Phone to PC in 1 Click
- After that, you will get the major interface as below. Please click the "Super Toolkit" on the top menu.
- Then tap on the "Backup" icon and you will see the pop-up window which contains all kinds of categories. You need to click the "Back Up" icon at the bottom. Android Backup will start to backup everything from your Android to the PC.
Check if you need: Using Android and Mac in work and life? Is it difficult to transfer videos from Android to Mac?
If you would like to preview and select the data from your Android phone before backup and reset, Android Backup will give you a hand as well. You can scan your contacts, call logs, photos, messages, apps and more on the computer with Android Backup. And it supports to select the desired Android data to backup.
Step 1. Install Android Backup
Please install Android Backup on your computer and run the application.
Step 2. Link Android Phone to PC
Then you need to link your Android phone to the PC via a USB cable and make sure to enable USB debugging on the Android phone.
Step 3. Preview and Select to Backup Android to PC
- After that, Android Backup will detect your Android phone in a short time. And you can see your Android content on the interface.
- For example, when clicking the "Apps" option on the left panel, you will see your Android apps on the right side. Please tick off the checkboxes next to the apps and then click the "Export" button on the upper.
- Choose a location on the computer to backup your Android apps. Besides, you can also view and backup other Android data with Android Backup to the computer.
Read also: Contacts are important for us, what can you do when resetting your Android phone? Why not transfer contacts from Android phone to computer?
Google apps are useful for Android backup before factory reset. You can use Google Photos to backup photos and videos, and backup songs, documents, folders with Google Drive to the Google cloud space. Every Google user has 15 GB free space. If your Android data is more than 15 GB, you need to enlarge your Google cloud space with payment.
In this part, you will learn about how to backup Android photos and videos via Google Photos. With Google Photos, you will use WiFi or data network to backup the videos and photos. If you haven't WiFi, videos and photos backup will cost plenty of data network.
Step 1. Download Google Photos
Please download Google Photos on your Android phone in advance. Once done, launch Google Photos.
Step 2. Sign in to Google Photos
Next, you need to sign in to Google Photos with your personal Google account. If you have no Google account, please sign up on the interface at first.
Step 3. Backup Android Photos and Videos
After signing in, tap on the "Menu" icon like three-line on the top left. Go to the "Settings" and click the "Back up & sync" and make it on. Your photos and videos will be backed up automatically to Google Photos.
Further reading: To transfer photos from Android to PC is a helpful way to release the storage space from Android. It is time to speed up your Android phone.
Many people want to reset settings on Android without losing data because there are many important documents which is related to the work on the Android phone. In this case, you can choose Google Drive to backup Android documents and other files before factory reset.
Step 1. Install Google Drive on Android Device
On your Android phone, please go to Google Play to download and install Google Drive. Then enter Google Drive.
Step 2. Sign in to Google Drive
Use your Google account to sign in to Google Drive. If needed, you can sign up a Google account on the Google Drive primary page.
Step 3. Backup Android Files to Google Drive before Factory Reset
- Once signed in, please tap on the "Plus" icon and choose the "Upload" option. Then you need to select your files on the Android phone and upload them to Google Drive.
- If you need to backup many files, the process will become long.
Maybe you like: Deleted significant files on the Android phone? You need to recover deleted files from Android phone in time.
Part of people dislikes to download apps for backup Android before factory reset they will choose backup their Android phone to the Cloud which is the native backup feature on the Android phone. Different brands have different native backup clouds. They all can offer space to the users respectively. You can have a try with this way before Android reset.
Step 1. Go to Settings App
On your Android phone, you need to enter the "Settings" app.
Step 2. Set Up Backup
- Different Android phones have a little difference, but you can follow the major steps to backup your Android phone to the cloud.
- For instance, on the Samsung phone, you need to click the "Cloud and accounts", and you will see the "Samsung Cloud" on the screen.
Step 3. Backup Android Data on the Cloud before Factory Reset
- Please enter the "Samsung Cloud" and toggle on the "Backup my data" icon. Then turn on the backup icon of each data types. The Android data will be backed up to the cloud automatically.
Tips: What happens when you factory reset your phone?
"How to reset Android phone without losing data?", "If I reset my phone will I lose everything?", "If I reset my phone what will I lose?" These questions are asked by most people. Now, I will tell you what happens when you reset your phone.
In fact, if you do a factory reset on your phone, your pictures, videos, apps information, music, audios and more will all lost. Your phone will be cleared like the new phone. If you don't want to lose the data on the phone, you need to backup your data before reset.
Now, you have known 5 proven methods on how to backup Android phone before factory reset from this article. And you can do a factory reset on your Android phone without any worry. With the professional help of Android Backup - Samsung Messages Backup, you can backup Android data easily before resetting Android phone. Please feel free to contacts us at your convenience.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.