At this day and age, information is not only considered as invaluable but also a vital part of your day-to-day life. This especially applies to the kind of important files stored in our phones meaning that securing such data requires learning ways to backup Samsung to PC to avoid losing it. In this article, we will show you six simple methods for Samsung backing up to PC.
The first 4 methods are provided for Samsung phone backup, Method 5 is used to backup Samsung external hard drive, and the last Method 6 works for backing up Samsung camera. You can jump to the sections as you like:
Commonly, users prefer to backup their Samsung files in batches from the Galaxy phones to the PC, instead of one by one. That is because as time goes by, the files stored on our Samsung phones will be more and more. Transferring files with one by one is time-wasting. For saving your time, Samsung Messages Backup is designed for you.
(1) Backup and restore the whole Samsung phone data to the computer with one click.
(2) Allow you to selectively transfer files from Samsung to computer.
(4) Manage your Samsung files on PC/Mac conveniently.
(5) Take a Samsung screenshot on the computer directly.
(6) Support all kinds of files: Contacts, call logs, SMS, music, photos, videos, documents, and apps.
(7) Support almost all the Samsung phone, including Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5, Galaxy Note9/8/7/6, Galaxy A9/A8/A7/A6, and so on. Other Android brands, like Xiaomi, Huawei, HTC, LG, etc., are included as well.
(1) Easy to use.
(2) Fast data transferring.
(3) Support to connect Samsung to PC/Mac via USB cable/Wi-Fi.
(4) 100% clean and safe.
With Samsung Messages Backup software, you can choose to backup a whole Samsung phone by 1 click to PC, or selectively backup your specific files in batches.
To backup your Samsung Galaxy to PC with 1 click, you need to launch the Samsung Messages Backup and connect your Samsung device to the PC via a USB cable. Then go to the "Super Toolkit", choose the "Backup" option, then check the file types and select a local folder to save the backed up files.
Step 1. Connect your Samsung device to PC.
Launch the Samsung Messages Backup software and connect your Samsung Galaxy to the PC via a USB cable. You need to allow USB debugging on your Galaxy phone as prompted.
Step 2. Make the program detect your Samsung phone.
Go with the on-screen prompts to make the program recognize your Samsung device. After that, you can see the main interface as below. All the detected files are sorted into different folders on the left panel.
Step 3. Go to the "Super Toolkit" and check the file types.
On the primary interface, please choose "Super Toolkit" from the top menu bar, click the "Backup" button. You will be asked to check your wanted file types and select a location for the backed files.
Step 4. Start to backup Samsung phone to PC with 1 click.
After choosing a location, you can click "Back Up" to activate the process. Then, all of the files you selected will be backed up to the PC.
To backup your specific files in batches, you can read these articles for more guides:
Backing up data by dragging and dropping is a fast and simple method you can use to backup your Samsung to PC. Files such as photos, music, videos, and document files can directly be backed up to your PC by plugging a USB cable that connects your PC to your Samsung device. Then you can copy the files manually to your hard drive.
- You don't need to download any other third-party software.
- Can not find your wanted files easily.
- It is time-wasting when transferring a good deal of files.
Smart Switch is a famous app that can be used to transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos, and calendar events among other files from a Samsung device to a PC. To access the Smart Switch application, you have to download and install it on your PC.
Below is a step-by-step guide on backing up your Samsung device to PC using Smart Switch:
- Free use and download of the software.
- Many kinds of data including settings and apps on the Samsung can be backed up.
Only compatible with Samsung devices.
Samsung Kies is a Samsung PC suite invented to make Samsung devices easily interact or connect with Windows-based PC. The program helps Samsung's users sync, backup, and transfer information such as contacts, videos, photos, Podcasts, and more from the device to the PC. To access the Samsung Kies application, you have to download and install it on your PC.
Below is a step-by-step guide on backing up your Samsung device to PC using Samsung Kies:
- Free use and download of the software.
- Only compatible with Samsung devices.
- Work slowly.
- Don't support Win 10.
Other File Transfer Tools:
Samsung Auto Backup is a software developed by Samsung to help enhance Samsung external drives, it allows you to backup your Samsung external hard drive on a regular schedule as well as in real-time mode.
When you use it for the first time, you need to go with the prompts to set up the program for backing up. Here are four primary menus on its interface. You can easily to use it.
Task - Allow you to backup/restore/manage files.
View - Change the appearance of the program windows.
Tools - Set options for data management.
Help - Guidance and assistance.
- The software makes it easier to transfer files.
- Availability of scheduled backups.
- Using encryption, data security is possible.
- The software is incompatible with Mac.
PC Auto Backup is a built-in software by Samsung's Smart Camera to back up videos and photos to a PC using a Wi-Fi connection or USB cable. You need to set up Intelli-Studio and PC Auto Backup on your PC at first, then connect your camera to the PC, and you can easily backup your photos and videos from Samsung camera to PC.
Notice: If use a Wi-Fi connection to back up, your PC and camera should share the same network connection.
- There are available versions for both Mac and Windows PC.
- A Wi-Fi connection can be used to back up videos and photos.
- When the Wi-Fi is enabled, backups are regularly done.
- Backups over a Wi-Fi connection can be difficult.
Check if You Need:
Now, you have learned 6 ways to backup Samsung to PC. Which method do you prefer to? Please leave your comments below to share your experience. Or if you have other awesome tips, let us know by writing them down.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.