Why do we want to transfer text messages from Android to computer? The reason may be the messages from our best friends or families, so we would like to keep memorable moments. Or these text messages are related to our work and they will be useful in the future, so we have to back up text messages from Android to PC before we clear our Android phone.
The following will introduce 6 powerful ways on how to transfer text messages from Android to computer, thus, you can get the practical tips on the article. What's more, you would select one or two the most suitable ways among the 7 ways for yourself.
In this part, you will get 3 pro apps on how to save text messages from Android to computer. They are the professional SMS backup applications, you can transfer a lot of text messages from the Android phones to the PC in a short time with them. In addition, contacts, call logs, photos, videos and more can be backed up to the computer easily.
In order to transfer text messages from Android to computer efficiently, this Android backup and restore app - Samsung Backup and Restore, is worth a try. You can transfer all the messages from Android device to the PC in 1 click. If you want to transfer contacts, photos, and other files from Android phone to computer, it can also help you.
Key features and advantages of this Android backup and restore software:
- Transfer messages from Android device to computer in 1 click.
- Fast restore the backup files from computer to Android device.
- Besides text messages, work with contacts, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps and documents.
- Freely select the data types from your Android phone on the interface.
- Connecting your Android phone/tablet to the computer via a USB cable/Wi-Fi is supported.
- Highly compatible with lots of Android phones and Android tablet, including Motorola G Stylus/Moto G Powerful/Razr/E6/E5G8 Play/G8 Plus/One Zoom, ZTE Axon 10 Pro/Axon 9 Pro/Blade 10/Blade 20/Blade Z Max, Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S9, Samsung Galaxy Tab S/Galaxy Tab 4/Galaxy Tab S5e, Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Google, OnePlus, and so on.
Download this message transfer tool for free below.
Here's how to transfer messages from Android to computer with Android backup and restore program:
Step 1. Download Samsung Backup and Restore
Please download and install this Samsung Backup and Restore program on the computer. Run the program directly.
Step 2. Make a Connection between Android and PC
Next, using a USB cable to make a connection between your Android phone and the computer. Then you are required to enable USB debugging on the Android device. It will detect your phone immediately.
Step 3. Transfer Text Messages to PC in 1 Click.
- Once connected, you can tap on the "Backup" icon on the page.
- On this page, please tick off the "Messages" category on the panel. Finally, tap on the "Back Up" button to begin SMS transfer from Android to PC.
Check if you need: Before you do the factory reset on the Android phone, please back up Android phone in advance, which will protect your data from losing.
Let's see the Android Message Backup - Samsung Messages Backup. It is an efficient and practical tool to help you transfer text messages to computer. More importantly, Android Message Backup is an overall mobile phone manager, you can import or export the contacts, call logs between Android phone and the PC, and you can back up all the data from your phone to the computer in 1 click.
Here are the major features and highlights of Android Message Backup:
- Transfer text message from Android to computer in 1 click.
- Transfer photos, videos, music, books, apps, call history, contacts and more from Android to the PC in 1 click.
- Restore all the data from computer to Android phone with 1 click.
- Send and receive text messages, edit the contacts and add new contacts on the computer with Android Message Backup.
- You can choose to connect your Android phone to a computer or laptop via a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- Android Message Backup owns high compatibility. It supports almost all kinds of Android operating systems, such as Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5, Sony Xperia 5/1/XZ3/XZ2/10+/10/XA2, HTC U12+/U11+/U11/10, Huawei P30 Pro/P30/P30 Lite/P20/P20 Lite, Mate 30 Pro/Mate 30/ Mate 20 Pro/Mate 20/Mate X, OPPO R19/R17/R15/R13/R11/R11, ZTE, Vivo and etc.
Download Android Message Backup below.
If you are eager to transfer SMS from Android to PC quickly, Android Message Backup will meet your expectations. You can back up batches of messages, including the date as well as senders to the PC in ease with its one-click on backup. So you will find the transferring process is really short.
Tutorial on how to save text messages from Android to computer:
Step 1. Download and Install
Please download and install Android Message Backup on the PC. Then run the program and click the "Android Assistant" module to access Android Message Backup.
Step 2. Connect Android to PC
Next, you will get the primary interface on the screen. Connect your Android device to the computer via a USB cable. Please enable USB debugging on the phone.
Step 3. Transfer SMS to PC
- When connecting, the program will detect and recognize your Android device immediately. Then you need to click the "Super Toolkit" on the main page.
- Tap on the "Backup" option and you can tick off the "Messages" category on the pop-up page. Finally, press the "Back Up" icon at the button. The messages will be transferred to the PC in seconds.
Tips: If you need to print out text messages from Android phone, you will also get help from the professional methods.
When you just need to back up several text messages from your Android device to the PC, can Android Message Backup be useful? Of course, it can. This app is an overall tool to back up SMS on Android. You can select the messages on the computer before the transfer.
Here are the steps on how to transfer text messages to computer with Android Message Backup selectively:
Step 1. Launch the App
First of all, you need to launch Android Message Backup on the computer.
Step 2. Make a Connection
Please make a connection between the Android phone and the PC with an Android USB cable. The app will access your mobile phone.
Step 3. Choose Messages
- On the major interface, you need to click the "SMS" category on the left panel. You will see your whole messages on the screen. Tick off the checkboxes next to every message. Then click the "Export" icon on the top menu.
- Please choose one format of the messages when exporting to the PC and a location to save on the computer. Tap on the "Export" button, and then the selected messages will be saved on your computer.
You may need:
Wonder how to recover Android data without root? It is an easy and useful way.
Click here to get the best spoofing app for Pokemon Go on Android and iOS devices.
Maybe you will need a practical tool with the backup and recovery function. Android Message Recovery is your partner to transfer texts to computer. And you can use it to recover the deleted messages on the Android phone as well. Therefore, you don't need to download two apps to finish the backup and recovery.
Guide to transfer Android SMS to PC with Android Message Recovery:
Step 1. Install Android Message Recovery
To begin with, download and install Android Message Recovery on your computer, then open the software and choose the "Android Recovery" module.
Step 2. Link Android to the PC
Next, you need to link the Android phone to the PC via a USB cable. The app will have a quick scan on the Android files.
Step 3. Back Up Text Messages to the Computer
- Choose the "Select All" or just "Messages", and then click the "Next" on the page. Then the program will remind you to root your Android device. If you needn't recover the deleted messages, click the "Continue" icon directly.
- Choose the "Messages" on the left and you can preview your messages on the right. If needed, you can tick off the first box to select all the messages. Now, click the "Recover" icon at the bottom right.
- Android Message Recovery will start to back up your messages from the Android device to the computer.
You might also like:
A Samsung user can recover deleted messages effectively with useful solutions. If needed, you can get tips on it.
Want to get an app to transfer text messages to PDF quickly? Don't worry. You can take a look at this article.
This second part will show you with the help of official apps, how to transfer text messages from Android to computer for free. These apps are provided by different brands of Android phones. Although they are not as convenient as the pro apps above, they still can solve the problem.
Samsung Kies is an official app which is developed by Samsung. It is suitable for Samsung users only. So if you are a Samsung user, you can follow the steps below.
Here are the steps on Android SMS Transfer to PC with Samsung Kies:
Step 1. Download Samsung Kies
Download, install and run Samsung Kies on the PC in advance.
Step 2. Connect Android Device to PC
Connect your Android device to the PC with a USB cable. Then grant the app when prompting on your Android phone.
Step 3. Back Up Messages to PC
Choose the "Back up/Restore" tab on the upper. And then click the "Messages" option on the interface. In the end, please tap on the "Backup" icon on the top right. Samsung Kies will begin to back up the messages to the PC.
You can't view or select your text messages on the computer with Samsung Kies, so it may be not convenient enough.
Want to find your disappeared text messages on your Android phone? Check it out.
In addition, LG has the LG PC Suite app and Huawei has the Huawei HiSuite app. They all can transfer messages from the Android phone to the computer. These apps offer services to their own users respectively. If you are the users of the mentioned Android brands, you can have a try.
Instructions on how to back up messages from Android to PC:
Step 1. Install
Install the app which you need on the computer and launch the app.
Step 2. Connect
Then connect your Android phone to the PC via a USB cable. Give the permission to the app if prompted.
Step 3. Backup
Choose the messages options on the list and then click the icon to start the transfer.
Maybe you like: Sometimes Huawei HiSuite or LG PC Suite is not efficient during the transfer. Here is the alternative to help you transfer Android files to the PC breezily.
If you don't want to choose the official apps, third-party apps are another choice. You can via these apps to solve how to transfer text messages to computer. There are two apps that will be introduced which are helpful for many people. If needed, you can download one of them to try.
SMS Backup+ can back up your SMS, MMS and call history in Gmail and Google Calendar. And you can restore the backup messages back to your Android phone easily. However, you need to set the IMAP first, so it is a bit complicated.
Here's how to back up text messages from Android to PC:
Step 1. Download SMS Backup+
Firstly, download SMS Backup+ on the Android device from the Google Play.
Step 2. Set the IMAP
Next, sign in your Gmail account and go to the "Settings" on the Gmail page. Hit the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" to choose the "Enable IMAP" option.
Step 3. Export Text Messages from Android to PC
Tap on the "Connect" so as to connect your Gmail. Choose your account and tap on "ALLOW" to grant the permission. Click the "Backup" option on the pop-up page. The transfer will start.
- The process will last for several minutes or half an hour (or longer). But you can browse the SMS on your Gmail and needn't have to wait until it is over.
(Tips: If you click the "Skip" option, you won't be successful in SMS backup on the PC.)
Further reading: When you have a new phone, how to transfer data from Android to Android?
SMS Backup & Restore is another 3rd-party app to back up your SMS on the PC. This app can back up SMS, MMS messages and call logs simply. If you want to transfer other data to the computer, SMS Backup & Restore can't help you. You'd better choose the Android Message Backup app on the first part.
Guide to download text messages from Android to PC:
Step 1. Install SMS Backup & Restore
From the outset, you need to download and install SMS Backup & Restore on your Android phone.
Step 2. Choose Text Messages
After that, run the app on the Android phone. Click the "Backup" option on the interface. Tap on the "Text messages" and you can select "All Conversations" or "Selected Conversations Only".
Step 3. Back Up the Selected Messages
- Under the "Backup Location", tap on the "Local Backup and Upload" to choose one location to save the SMS, like Email, Dropbox and so on.
- Press the "BACK UP" icon. The selected messages will be transferred to the location which you selected just now.
Step 4. Login and Download the Messages
If you choose to back up on Gmail, you need to log in to Gmail on your PC and you can download the SMS to the PC.
In this article, there are 7 methods in three parts on how to transfer text messages from Android to computer. Whatever you select, you will transfer SMS from Android to PC more easily than before. What's more, Samsung Backup and Restore and Samsung Messages Backup are the fastest and most effective tool on SMS transfer. After you have a try, you will love it.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.