Samsung and iPhone are among the most commonly used phones today. Considering both phones run on different operating systems - Samsung runs on Android while an iPhone runs on iOS, trying to sync from an iPhone to a Samsung can turn out to be quite a challenge. Since contacts are one of the most valuable data on any phone, this article addresses the solutions and steps on how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung.
From these 5 ways, you can learn to get contacts from iPhone to Samsung without iCloud in Solution 1/2/3/5. And you can copy iPhone contacts to your Samsung Galaxy without a computer with Solution 2 and Solution 3. Jump to the following sections as you like.
Solution 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung with 1 Click Effectively?
Samsung Data Transfer is a powerful software for data transferring between two devices with 1 click. It can transfer all of the contacts from your iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy within few minutes, which makes it the most effective way among these 7 ways in this article. That is why we list it as the first choice.
The highlights of the Samsung Data Transfer
(1) Support to transfer files with 1 click from iOS to Android, Android to iOS, Android to Android, and iOS to iOS.
(2) Support contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents, and apps.
(3) Support almost all the Android devices in the mobile market, including Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7, Galaxy Note 9/8/7/6, Galaxy A series, J series, etc., and other Android phones running Android 4.0 to 10.0 or up.
(4) Support iDevices running iOS 5 to 12, including iPhone XR/XS/X Max/8/7/6, iPad, iPod touch.
You can free download the Samsung Data Transfer and go with the steps to have a try.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone and Samsung Galaxy to the PC via USB cables. Please enable USB debugging if it prompts on your Samsung screen.
Step 2. Adjust the two devices' positions. Please put the source iPhone on the left and the target Samsung Galaxy on the right. You can tap on Flip to change their positions.
Step 3. Tick on Contacts from the file list. You can select other files as you like as well.
Step 4. Tap on Start Copy to activate the data transferring. Wait for a few minutes and all of the contacts on your iPhone are transferred to the Samsung Galaxy.
You can read these articles if needed:
2 Ways to Transfer Contacts from Galaxy S9/S8 to Computer Effectively
How to Transfer Apps from Android to Another Android?
Solution 2. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung with Smart Switch?
Smart Switch a mobile application that can be used to transfer contacts, messages, media files, calendar, notes, app list, call log, bookmarks, documents, and more from an iPhone to Samsung device. There are two essential methods for using the Smart Switch Mobile application.
Send Contacts from iCloud to Samsung Phone wirelessly via Smart Switch
This involves first backing up your data with Apple iCloud ID and password on your iPhone and secondly ensuring that the receiving Samsung device has the Smart Switch Mobile application installed. In addition, a stable Wi-Fi network is required. Below is a step-by-step tutorial:
- On the Samsung device, open the Smart Switch Mobile application.
- Select the WIRELESS and RECEIVE option on your target Samsung phone.
- Select the source device as the iOS device option.
- From the iOS to Galaxy screen, choose IMPORT FROM iCloud and go on.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to log in to your iCloud and tap on SIGN IN to connect your iCloud.
- Tick on the Contacts option and check other files that you want to transfer from iCloud to Samsung, then touch on the IMPORT.
- Once done, you can tap on CONTINUE as the prompts to import other contents from your iCloud account, otherwise, click DONE and the job is completed.
Sync Contacts from iPhone to Samsung Phone without iCloud Using Smart Switch
Using an OGT USB cable to sync contacts from an iPhone to Samsung without iCloud requires you to have an OGT USB connector and a USB cable. Additionally, both iPhone and Samsung device should have the Smart Switch Mobile application installed. Below is a step-by-step tutorial:
- Ensure both devices are turned on. Connect your iPhone to the Samsung device via a USB cable.
- On connecting the iPhone to the Samsung, the Samsung Smart Switch on the Samsung device automatically opens. After which you should select the RECEIVE option on your Samsung. However, if Samsung's Smart Switch app fails to automatically launch, manually turn it on, and then select the USB CABLE option.
- Authorize the Galaxy to access the iOS data, you need to select the ALLOW option on the iPhone.
- It may take some time as the Samsung device scans the iPhone determining what to import.
- Tick on the Contacts and other files as well and tap on the TRANSFER button.
- Upon completion, please tap on the CLOSE APP button to finish the process.
Transfer Data from iPhone to OnePlus Expeditiously via 4 Methods
Solution 3. How to Get Contacts from iPhone to Samsung via Google Account?
Below is a guide on how to move contacts from an iPhone to a Samsung device using a Google account. A Google account is necessary since syncing your iPhone contacts to it is required before setting up your Samsung Galaxy. Here is a step-by-step tutorial:
Sync Contacts Automatically from iPhone to Samsung
- Go to the Settings on the iPhone.
- Choose the Accounts and Passwords option. However, if the iOS uses an older version, select the Mail, Contacts, Calendar option.
- Proceed to and select the Add Account option then select Google.
- Input your Gmail ID and Password.
- On completion, the iPhone gives you an option to sync, to which you should select the Contacts and proceed by tapping on Next.
- Ensure you are connected to the Wi-Fi. Please wait patiently and all the contacts on the iPhone will be synced with Gmail account.
- On the Samsung device, you need to add or set up the Google account. If it is the first time setting up the account, you will be prompted to provide your Gmail ID and Password and the contacts synced automatically from iPhone to Samsung.
Sync Contacts Manually from iPhone to Samsung
If you want to do this manually, follow these simple steps:
- After sync contacts from iPhone to Google account, on your Samsung device go to the Settings > Accounts.
- The device will bring up a list of accounts linked with your Samsung, from where you can select the Add account option, which is at last on the list.
- Choose the Google/Gmail IMAP option and log in using your account.
- Your list of contacts then syncs with the Gmail account and you can view them on your Samsung device.
Additional, there is another way to get contacts from iPhone to Samsung using Google account. See how to transfer contacts from Gmail to Samsung via a vCard file.
Solution 4. How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to Samsung with iCloud?
This step-by-step solution provides a guide on copying contacts from an iPhone to a Samsung device using iCloud. In this guide, a VCF file is used. vCard or vcf are standard file formats for electronic business cards. Below is a step-by-step tutorial:
- On the iPhone, ensure the iCloud backup is turned on as well as Contacts backup is enabled.
- Using a computer, visit iCloud.com and select the Contacts.
- You can do this either one by one or select all at once by hitting Command+A or CTRL+A.
- At the page's bottom, click on the gear-like icon and select the Export vCard option to download the vCard file to your computer.
- Connect your Samsung phone to your computer, copy and paste the vCard file (Contacts.vcf) to your Galaxy. Then disconnect your Samsung phone.
- On your Samsung phone, please go to Contacts > Settings > Import/Export Contacts > Import vCard file > select the Contacts.vcf and tap on OK to copy contacts from iPhone to your Samsung Galaxy.
[2 Solutions] How to Access iCloud Photos from Android Device
How to Access iCloud on Android Phone [3 Solutions Offered]
Solution 5. How to Send Contacts from iPhone to Samsung with iTunes?
iTunes is an essential tool used to sync and backup iOS data. Despite its complications, this tool can also be used to send contacts from an iPhone to a Samsung device. Below is a step-by-step tutorial:
- To start with, you need to download the last version of iTunes to your computer.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Launch the iTunes program manually if it does not open automatically.
- On iTunes, click on your device's name, which will be directed to your iPhone's details page.
- Select the Info tab on the navigation menu, select the Sync Contacts With option, and from the list choose Google Contacts.
- Click the Configure and select your Google account. Open one if you had not done that already.
- Log into your Google account, and click Apply.
- Ensure log in to the same Gmail account on your samsung phone to sync contacts to your Galaxy.
How to Transfer iTunes Contacts to Samsung Galaxy?
How to Restore iTunes Backup to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Switching phones can be annoying at times and especially when it comes to ensuring all your contacts get transferred to a new device. Fortunately, gone are the days when doing so meant typing a whole lot of names and numbers manually on another handset. Presently, applications and software make all that hassle easier and faster.
Pick one as you need from these methods no matter you would like to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung without a computer or iCloud. You can also transfer all the contacts and other files between iPhone and Samsung devices with Samsung Data Transfer by 1 click.
Which one is the easiest? Leave your points below. And if you have experienced syncing contacts from iPhone to Samsung device, share with us.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
How to Transfer iCloud Photos to Android [2 Methods]
How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android?
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to iPhone Effectively? - 5 Ways
Recover Lost Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
iPhone to Vivo Data Transfer Guide: Swiftly Transfer Data from iPhone to Vivo