Data loss from Android phone happens everyday in the world and no one can predict when they will lose important data unintentionally from their Android phones. Thus, you may consider how to prevent this from happening. The best way to avoid contact loss from your Android phone is to back up and restore contacts on Android regularly. But how to back up and restore contacts on Android? Well, this article is all about Android contact backup and restore. You can easily find the best solution from the 4 simple ways introduced below.
Samsung Backup and Restore is a professional Android backup and restore app. With it, you can transfer text messages, contacts, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents and apps on computer very quickly without data damage and quality loss. And the connection is rather simple - you can connect via USB cable or Wi-Fi network and each way has specific instructions.
In addition, it is highly compatible with Samsung, LG, Huawei, Motorola, Sony, HTC, OPPO, ZTE and all other Android devices running Android 4.0 and later versions. like Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/Z Flip/Z Flip Thom Browne/S10+/S10/S10e/S/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/A70s/A70/A50s/A90/A20s/A80/A60/A40s/A8s/A9s/A6s/A9 Star/A9 Star Lite/M30s/Fold/S20+/S20, Samsung W20, Galaxy Tab S6/S5e/S4/S3/S2/A 2019/A/A2017/A2016/E, Galaxy Note 10+/10/9/8, etc.
1. Install and launch Samsung Backup and Restore on your computer, and enter in Android Backup & Restore module from the toolbox.
2. Connect Android device to computer via a USB cable, then enable USB debugging and grant permission on your phone as prompted. After the computer recognizes your phone, you will see the main interface as below.
3. Contacts backup. Click Backup option from the main interface, select the data type you want to back up from the table, tap Browser to decide a backup location on your computer and hit Back Up below.
After you use Samsung Backup and Restore to back up Android contacts, you can restore Android contacts from backup by taking the following steps.
1. Connect your new device to computer using the same way.
2. Click Restore option from the main interface, choose the target phone from the list, check the content you want to restore from the table and hit Restore option below to restore Android contacts from computer to your new device.
Samsung Messages Backup is the second way to back up and restore contacts on Android. Different from the first way, Samsung Messages Backup allows you to selectively back up and restore Android contacts. Apart from contacts, it also supports to transfer music, videos, photos, call logs, SMS and other files between computer and your phone. And, if you want to manage Android data on PC, it also allows you to add, delete, group and edit contacts, send and reply text messages, install and uninstall apps, export contacts to Outlook and import contacts from Outlook.
Well, Samsung Messages Backup also works well with all Android smartphones and tablets.
1. Install and launch Samsung Messages Backup on your computer and enter in Android Assistant module from the toolbox.
2. Connect your Android phone to computer. After a successful connection, you will see the main interface as below.
3. Back up contacts. Select Contacts folder from the left window, tick contacts you wish to transfer from the right window and tap Export on the top menu to back up Android contacts to PC.
1. Connect the new Android phone to computer.
2. Restore Android contacts, After successful connection, select Contacts folder from the left window and tap Import on the top menu to restore Android contacts from computer to phone.
Almost all Android smartphones have embedded Google service. Then, if you have a Google account, you can back up and restore contacts without installing any backup apps. Let's see how the contact backup & restore is conducted on your Android phone.
1. Go to Settings from your Android phone.
2. Scroll down to select Accounts > Google (or Add accounts > Google if you cannot find Google option) > Sign into Google with a valid Gmail account.
3. Enable Contacts, tap the three vertical dots and choose Sync Now. Then you will back up contacts to Google after you see the last synced date update.
After you sync contacts to Google, let's see how to restore Android contacts from Google backup to phone.
1. Visit Google Contacts official website page on your computer and log in with the same Gmail account.
2. Select Go to the old version and the contacts you want to restore after that. Next, tap More option(the three vertical dots) and select Export vCard... Then connect your Android phone to computer and drag the VCF file you exported from Google Contacts to your Android phone.
Further reading: Desire to transfer contacts from Samsung to Huawei? You can get help from these 4 valid ways.
The last way to back up and restore contacts on Android phone is using SIM or SD card. The steps are very simple. Let's see how to back up and restore contacts via SIM or SD card.
1. Go to your Android phone and tap the Contacts app.
2. Click the three vertical dots > Settings > Import/Export > Select either Export to SIM or Export to SD card > Confirm your choice.
After you back up Android contacts to SIM or SD card, follow the steps below to restore Android contacts backup.
1. Insert the SIM or SD card to your new Android phone.
2. Go to Contacts app on your new Android phone > Tap the three vertical dots > Settings > Import/Export > Select either Import from SIM or Import from SD card, according to where you back up contacts > Select the contacts you want to restore > Tap Import below.
Though contacts are encrypted data on the mobile phone, we can still perform contact backup and restore using the 4 ways introduced in this article. Well, among all ways above, I strongly recommend you to try Samsung Backup and Restore if you wish to back up and restore overall contacts on Android in one click, or Samsung Messages Backup, if you prefer to back up and restore contacts on Android phone selectively. Besides, both ways are easy to operate, fast and highly secure. Of course, you can also try the other two ways if you are interested.
Then, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.