In an era where smart phones have become the main tool in taking photos, transferring photos from a cell phone to a computer is common. As such you may have to find out how to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac if you have those specific devices.
For those who have Samsung phones and Mac/iMac/MacBook computers, below are some of the methods you can use. You can pick one as you like to download photos from Samsung phone to Mac for backup or freeing up Samsung phone space.
When you need to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac, a professional Samsung Transfer for Mac - Samsung Messages Backup (Mac Version) is designed for you. We list this program as the first choice because its all-around & powerful functions can provide big convenience for every Android user. Those who do not have technical background can even use it intuitively.
1) Support photos, music, videos, contacts, call logs, SMS, apps and so on.
2) Allow to preview files before data transferring.
3) Transfer files between Android and Mac with few clicks (Manage Android files on Mac).
4) No third-party app is required. Easy to use.
5) 100% clean & safe. Without data loss.
6) Support almost all Android phones on the market, including Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6, Galaxy Note 9/Note 8, Galaxy A9/A8 and more.
You can free download Samsung Messages Backup to your Mac here and follow the steps to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac easily.
You can have a quick look at the brief steps and learn the details at the following instructions.
See the 1-2-3 steps to easily transfer photos from Samsung Galaxy to the Mac
Step 1. Please run the program and connect your Samsung Galaxy to the Mac with a USB cable. You can see the interface as below to let you enable USB debugging on your Samsung phone, just do as the prompts.
Step 2. Follow the on screen prompts to make the program recognize your Samsung Galaxy. You can enter the main interface of the program, from which you can see all the detected files are sorted into different folders on the left panel.
Step 3. Please go to the Photos folder, choose Phone Gallery and preview the pictures that you want to transfer to your Mac, tick them on.
Step 4. Click the Export button on the top menu bar, then you need to select a local folder to save the transferred photos, confirm your choice and the photos you have ticked are backed up from Samsung phone to the Mac.
Additional: 1-click backup your whole Samsung Galaxy to your Mac.
On the main interface of Samsung Messages Backup, please go to Super Toolkit on the top menu bar. Then click the Backup button, choose a location to save the backups and tap on Back Up. Wait for few minutes and all the files on your Samsung Galaxy are transferred to your Mac.
You may need:
Android File Transfer is one of the most popular desktop apps among Android users. It has many who praise it for its features and at the same a smaller number who have had a bad experience using it. Despite that, it is one of the most reliable Android file sharing apps you can come across.
Steps to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac using Android File Transfer
- Support to transfer files between Android devices and Mac computer.
- Android phones with Android 3.0 or later are supported.
- Support media files and documents.
- Do not allow to preview data before transferring, which makes it harder for the first time users to locate anything they need.
- Only support to import photos from a Samsung Galaxy to Mac one by one.
Check if you need:
Samsung Smart Switch is one of the fastest photo sharing apps and is also great for transfer of other types of files, which is believed to have contributed to its wide popularity. It has both mobile app and desktop apps for Mac/Windows, so you can use its Mac version to import photos from Samsung Galaxy to Mac.
- Widely support Android devices with Android 4.3 or later and Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Support photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, calendars and more.
- Support to backup your Samsung to Mac with 1 click.
- Support to restore from iTunes backup.
- Do not allow to preview data before transferring.
- When backing up your whole Samsung phone to Mac, the speed is lower than Samsung Messages Backup software (mentioned in Method 1).
For those who do not like installing third party software on your Mac computer, Image Capture app is the most appropriate method for you to copy photos from Samsung to Mac. It comes installed on Mac which means all you have to do is open it and use it.
- Support to preview pictures before copying.
- No third-party software required.
- Allow to transfer a large number of pictures at once fast.
- Easy to use.
- Only support photos/pictures.
With the 4 simple ways mentioned above, transferring photos from Samsung to Mac will no longer trouble you. Pick one as your will to have a try.
If you need to transfer other files between Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6 to the Mac, such as contacts, call logs, SMS, music, videos, apps, and documents, you can choose Samsung Messages Backup, which is a powerful software for Android data management.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.