If you want to store your useful Motorola text messages on the computer, you'd better know how to transfer text messages from the Motorola phone to the computer. As you know, there is some valuable information in messages, so that you plan to make a backup to protect them.
However, you cannot transfer them via drag and drop like sending photos, because they are stored in an unreadable form on the Motorola phone. So is there an easy way to transfer them? This post has discussed 5 approaches below. If needed, please take a look.
This Motorola SMS backup tool - Samsung Messages Backup, is an efficient backup and management program. It supports you to transfer text messages from Motorola to the computer selectively or with 1 click. You can preview your messages on the computer before the transfer. Furthermore, you can directly receive and reply to text messages on the computer.
- Directly transfer SMS from Motorola Droid to the computer in multiple formats, including HTML, TEXT, CSV, BAK, and XML.
- Send text messages on the desktop without hassle.
- Import text messages from a computer to an Android phone.
- Fast transfer pictures, videos, music, contacts, apps, documents, and more from Motorola to the computer.
- Connect your Motorola phone to the computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- Manage Motorola files with ease, such as editing contacts, uninstalling apps, creating playlists, deleting files, etc.
- Effortlessly back up and restore almost all Motorola data.
What's more, this software has powerful compatibility. It can work for most Motorola devices and other Android phones and tablets, like Motorola Moto G100/G60/G50/G30/40/G20/G10, Motorola Razr 5G/Droid Mini/Ultra/Maxx, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google, ZTE, and so on.
Download the Motorola SMS backup program for free below.
Step 1. Install the Moto SMS Backup Software
Please install this software on your computer first, and launch it to connect your Moto phone to the computer via a data cable.
Step 2. Choose SMS Category
Enable the USB debugging mode on the smartphone, and the program will fast recognize it. Then you will see the homepage. Please click the "SMS" category on the left panel.
Step 3. Select and Transfer SMS from Motorola to Computer
Tick off the messages you want on the interface, and click the "Export" icon to transmit them to your computer.
Bonus: How to back up and restore Moto X? This post will tell you all you want.
SMS Backup+ is a practical app for SMS, MMS, and call log backup. It allows you to back up all your messages to Gmail at a time. Besides, it can help you restore the backup SMS to any Android device. Even if you switch to a new Motorola phone, you can get the SMS back without trouble.
Step 1. Set Your Gmail
- Log in to Gmail on your computer, and click the "Settings" > "See all settings" > "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" > "Enable IMAP" > "Save changes" icon.
- Subsequently, click the "Configuration instructions" icon to get a table containing the information you need.
Step 2. Go to Google Account Security Settings
- Please browse the Google account security settings website on the computer, and turn on the "2-Step Verification" option. Then tap the "App passwords" option , confirm your Google password, and select your device.
- Next, click the "Select app" option to enter SMS Backup+ on the interface, and hit the "GENERATE" icon. Then you will get an app password for your device.
Step 3. Open SMS Backup+ to Transfer Text Messages
- Install the app on your Motorola device, and open it. Then click the "Advanced settings" > "Custom IMAP server" option. Then touch the "Authentication" > "Plain text" icon, and type the server address, username, password, etc.
- Finally, go back to the first page, and click the "BACKUP" icon to start the transfer. Once done, refresh your Gmail, and you will see your SMS on the computer.
Read also: Intend to transfer data from an iPhone to Motorola? You can transfer various file types with these 5 methods.
If you don't want to use SMS Backup+, how can you make your Moto G back up text messages? Don't worry. In fact, you can make use of your Google account. More importantly, it is simpler than using the previous one. But please make sure that there is adequate cloud space on your Google account.
Step 1. Add Google Account on Motorola
- Please go to Settings, and choose the "System" > "Backup" option. Then switch on the "Back up on Google Drive" icon, and click the "Account" option to type your Google account on the screen.
- Tap your account, and enable the "SMS" option only.
Step 2. Go to Google Drive on Computer
Visit Google Drive on the browser of the computer, and sign in with your account. Then you will see the backup SMS file. You can download it on the computer if you want.
Further reading: Want to complete the Motorola to Motorola transfer in 1 click? Please take a look at these 6 effective ways.
Rescue and Smart Assistant is a desktop utility for Motorola and Lenovo mobile phones. It can help you transfer Motorola data to the computer for backup, and restore the backup files to your mobile device without a hitch. Additionally, it can fix your device software issues, speed up, and reset your Motorola phone.
Step 1. Download the Software
Please download and install this program on your computer. Then open it, and connect your Moto phone to your computer via USB.
Step 2. Choose SMS Option
Confirm the USB debugging mode on the Moto phone is on. Then click the "Skip and go to My Device" icon on the start page, and choose the "SMS" category.
Step 3. Transfer SMS from Motorola to Computer
Select the desired text messages on the interface, and tap the "Export" icon to move them to your computer.
Maybe you need: With it, you can breezily recover deleted text messages on Motorola and other Android devices.
How do I transfer text messages from my Motorola phone to my computer? When I plan to move several messages, I will choose to use email. Using email is a manual method because you will need to select your SMS one by one. Thus, it is simple but time-consuming.
Step 1. Take Screenshots of Your SMS
Please open your Messages app on the mobile phone, navigate to the messages you want, and directly capture the screenshots.
Step 2. Compress the Pictures
Please open the File Manager, and find your screenshots. Then compress them as a ZIP file.
Step 3. Send the SMS ZIP File to Computer via Email
- Launch your mail app on Motorola, and compose a new email. Then attach the SMS ZIP file to the email by clicking the paperclip icon.
- Next, type your email address on the receiver. Log in to the email account on the computer, and download the SMS file on your computer.
Tips: Switch Motorola to an iPhone? Maybe you would like to transfer Motorola data to the iPhone, right?
In conclusion, although transferring SMS is not the same as transferring photos, you still can learn how to transfer text messages from a Motorola phone to a computer with these 5 approaches introduced above. Moreover, it is obvious that this Motorola SMS manager - Samsung Messages Backup, is the most time-saving tool for transfer. Also, it can support you manage your SMS and other Moto files on the computer conveniently.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.