No matter your Samsung phone is old or new, you will find a suitable method to do Samsung contacts backup without hassle from this article, which offers 5 effective approaches about Samsung phone contacts backup to you. Using these ways, you can choose to back up the contacts to the computer, Gmail and other places. Now, please see the full guides below.
The Samsung Backup and Restore program does well in Samsung contacts backup, supporting to back up Samsung contacts to PC in 1 click, no matter how many contacts stored on your Samsung phone. More importantly, it owns powerful compatibility on Samsung phone/tablet. Therefore, you can do the contact backup on most Samsung devices.
- It can help you back up all the contacts from Samsung phone to the computer in 1 click.
- Besides contacts, it supports to transfer text messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, documents and apps.
- Restore all kinds of backup files from the PC to the Samsung handsets.
- Provide 2 connecting ways between the Samsung devices and the computers, including USB and Wi-Fi connections.
- Compatible with almost all the Samsung mobile devices and other brands of Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6, Samsung Note 20/Note 10+/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Tab S/Galaxy Tab 4/Galaxy Tab S5e/Galaxy Tab S6, LG G9/G8/G7/G6/G5, ZTE Axon 10 Pro/Axon 9 Pro/Blade 10/Blade 20/Blade Z Max, Sony, HTC, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Huawei, and so on.
Download the Samsung Backup and Restore for free below.
1. Download the program on the PC, and then install and launch it.
2. Connect Samsung phone to the PC with a USB cable. And enable USB debugging mode on the Samsung phone. Your devices will be connected with each other. Then you can see the interface as below.
3. Back up Samsung contacts to PC. Please click the "Backup" option and you can choose the "Contacts" checkbox on the interface. After that, please tap on the "Back Up" icon. The Samsung contacts will be transferred to your computer after a while.
Check if you need: Want to edit Samsung contacts on the computer? Here are 2 useful methods you can use to edit your contacts on the PC/Mac.
Samsung Kies is a program to back up and restore data on Samsung phones, but it is suitable for old Samsung phones, such as Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and before. Therefore, you need to check the version of your Samsung phone before backup.
1. Download and Install Samsung Kies from Samsung official website to the computer.
2. Connect the old Samsung phone to the computer via a USB cable. After that, please click the "Backup / Restore" tab on the top menu.
3. To transfer contacts from Samsung to computer, you need to tap on the "Backup" and select the "Contacts" item. Finally, hit on the "Backup" icon to start the backup process.
Read also: When having switched your old Samsung phone to a new Samsung phone, you might need to transfer contacts from Samsung to Samsung. If needed, please check it out.
You can also choose your Gmail account to back up the contacts of Samsung Galaxy S4/S5/S6 and more. However, please make sure your Gmail account has enough storage space in advance. If you have run out of the space, you cannot transfer the contacts from your Samsung phone to Gmail.
1. Go to the Contacts app on the Samsung Galaxy phone. Then choose the "Menu" icon on the top right corner. Please tap on the "Settings" icon and select the "Contacts" option.
2. Add your Gmail account. Choosing the "Accounts" icon, you can add/choose your Gmail account here. Then tick off the "Sync Contacts" option. Your contacts will be backed up to your Gmail account.
3. Sign in to the Gmail account for checking. You can enter your Gmail account on the computer and "Google apps" icon to choose the "Contacts" option. Then you will see your backup contacts on the Gmail.
Further reading: As you deleted the contacts on the SIM card, how to retrieve contacts from a SIM card? Maybe you will need these 3 ways.
If you have an SD card inserted into the Samsung phone, you can back up your Samsung contacts to the SD card as well. All the contacts will be assembled as a file, and you can't directly view the detailed contacts. Anyway, the steps are not complicated, you can finish it with a few taps.
1. Enter the Contacts app. Then tap on the "More" icon like three dots.
2. Choose the "Manage contacts" and "Import/Export contacts" options.
3. Export contacts to the SD card. You can choose the "Export" button on the screen, and then click the "SD card" option. Once done, please click the "EXPORT" icon to begin backing up contacts to the SD card.
Maybe you need: It is necessary to back up the SD card on Android, which can protect your SD card data from losing. See the 4 ways in this post, and you will get the best methods.
Some people get used to using Samsung Cloud, if you are one of them, you can back up contacts on Samsung with Samsung Cloud. Certainly, you can not only transfer the contacts but also messages, clocks, calendars, settings, and so on to the Samsung Cloud. Then your contacts will not lose on the Samsung phone.
1. Open the Settings app on your Samsung phone. Then tap on the "Cloud and accounts" on the screen.
2. Find the "Samsung Cloud" icon and enter it. Please click the "Backup settings" button.
3. Now, select the "Contacts" category and tap on the "BACK UP NOW" icon at the bottom. Your contacts will be stored on the Samsung Cloud soon.
Maybe the solutions mentioned above are not perfect, but you can do Samsung contacts backup with them and feel worry-free from losing your contacts. In particular, when using the Samsung Backup and Restore, you can effortlessly transfer your contacts from your Samsung phone to the PC. If you want it, please have a free download here.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.