It is awesome to get a brand new Sony Xperia smartphone, but please don't forget that there are plenty of data on your old Sony phone. Does it sound terrible? In fact, it doesn't. Nowadays, you can easily learn how to transfer data from Sony Xperia to Sony Xperia on the Internet. Thus, to help you breezily move data, we have summarized 5 expeditious and trustworthy ways for your reference.
As we all know, when you use a mobile phone for a few years, there will be many important files on the device, such as contacts, photos, videos, documents, songs, and more. In this case, how can you swiftly transfer data from Xperia to Xperia? Take it easy. This Xperia data transfer tool - Samsung Data Transfer, can help you transfer almost all data types to your new Sony phone at once.
With it, you can one-click to copy music, applications, text messages, contacts, call logs, videos, photos, etc., between Sony Xperia devices. Furthermore, it supports Android OS 4.0 or upper, and iOS 5.0 or later. Thus, you can use it on most Android and iOS devices, including Sony Xperia 1 III/Xperia 5 III/Xperia Pro/Xperia 5 II/Xperia 5/Xperia 1 II/Xperia 1/Xperia 10 II/Xperia 10, Huawei, ZTE, OPPO, OnePlus, Xiaomi, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and so on.
- Transfer multiple data types from Xperia to Xperia without losing data.
- USB and Wi-Fi connections are available between Android devices.
- Transfer data from Android to Android, iOS to iOS, Android to iOS, and vice versa.
- Support you to handily select file types before transferring files.
- Allow you to clear data before copying on the target Sony Xperia phone.
- Transfer data with original quality and file formats.
Download the Sony transfer program for free below.
Step 1. Launch the Program
Please install and launch the program on your computer. Then click the "Mobile Transfer" tab.
Step 2. Connect Xperia Phones to Computer
Connect both Sony Xperia phones to the computer via USB cables, and enable USB debugging on them. Then the program will recognize the devices immediately.
Step 3. Transfer Content to New Sony Device
- Make sure your new Xperia phone is the destination device, and select the category you want to transfer on the panel. Next, tap the "Start Copy" icon to begin the transfer.
- Then you can see the progress of the transfer. Once done, you will complete the transfer.
Further reading: Want to clean data on your old Android device completely? If so, please don't miss this post. It has offered you 8 practical options of Android data eraser tools. Let's check it out.
If you want a Sony Xperia transfer app, please don't miss Xperia Transfer 2, an upgraded application for data transfer. It can transmit call history, settings, calendars, and more from Xperia to Xperia. Also, it can transfer data via USB and Wi-Fi Direct. However, it cannot transfer files larger than 4GB via USB. By the way, it supports Android 6.0 or higher, and iOS 9.0 or higher.
Step 1. Download and Install the App
To begin with, you need to download and install the app on both Xperia smartphones.
Step 2. Set Up a Connection
- Open the app on the old phone, and choose the "Cable" > "Send data" > "OK" icon. Then tap the "Receive data" icon on the new phone, and link them via a USB cable (two type-c ports).
- Tap the "NEXT" icon, and choose your device on the "Pair devices" interface.
Step 3. Fast Transfer Data to New Xperia Phone
Finally, select the file types, and click the "TRANSFER" > "NEXT" icon to start the process.
Read also: Planning to move data from an iPhone to a Sony phone? Don't worry. You can get 6 useful methods here.
You can also utilize your Google account to sync data between two Xperia phones. That means you need to back up the data from the old Xperia phone to Google Drive. Conveniently, you can use mobile data or Wi-Fi for the whole data transfer. By the way, please check whether there is adequate cloud storage space on your Google Drive.
Step 1. Enable Google Backup on Old Sony Phone
- Please open the Settings app on your old Sony phone, and click the "System" > "Backup" option.
- Then, you can toggle on the "Back up to Google Drive" switch button, and click the "Account" to enter your Google account. It will automatically back up your files.
Step 2. Transfer Data to New Sony Xperia
After finishing the backup, you can go to Settings on the new Xperia phone. Then add the same account to it. After that, click the Google account, and hit the "Sync now" icon to transmit data to the new Xperia phone.
Further reading: In case you need to transfer text messages from Sony Xperia to a computer, please take a look at these viable approaches.
Do you have an SD card? If yes, you can make use of it to complete the Xperia data transfer. You can manually copy your pictures, movies, songs, books, and other media files. However, you cannot transfer your SMS, MMS, call history, and contacts in this way.
Step 1. Insert the SD Card
Please take out the card slot and install an SD card on your old Sony Xperia.
Step 2. Copy Files to SD Card
Then go to File Manager, and navigate to the files you want to transfer. Then copy them to your SD card.
Step 3. Move SD Card to New Sony Xperia
Now, please uninstall the memory card from your old phone, and install it on the new Sony device. Next, you can move the files to the internal storage of the new device.
Maybe you need: Wonder how to perform Sony Xperia data recovery? Then, learn these 3 excellent ways without delay.
Undoubtedly, both Sony Xperia phones run Android OS, so that you can directly access them on the computer. So, why not move files via drag and drop? As long as you have 2 available USB cables, you can start the file migration without hassle. But please note that you need to transfer files manually.
Step 1. Connect Phones to Computer
Please establish the connection between your mobiles phones and your computer via data cables.
Step 2. Drag and Drop Files to New Sony Xperia
- Launch This PC, access your old Xperia phone, and open the folder where your desired files are stored. Then open the drive of your new Sony Xperia. At last, you can drag and drop the files to the new Xperia phone.
- By the way, after the transfer is over, you can safely remove your devices from the computer.
This article is going to finished. So, which method do you want to select to transfer data from Sony Xperia to Sony Xperia? Is the drag and drop, using an SD card, Google backup, Xperia Transfer 2, or the Xperia data transfer software - Samsung Data Transfer? If you want to complete the transfer efficiently, the transfer software is your ideal choice. It can copy your files in 1 click without overwriting the existing data.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.