Samsung releases multiple wonderful mobile devices every year. Samsung Galaxy S8 was one of the most popular mobile phones in 2017. Powerfully, its screen resolution is up to 570 pixels per inch. How amazing the screen is! Nowadays, quite a few people still use this phone. Thus, it is necessary to share tips on how to transfer data to Galaxy S8.
Undeniably, Galaxy S8 is an old cellphone now. Nevertheless, you can transfer data to a newer Samsung device with this guide. Without further ado, let's check it out.
Wonder how to transfer data to Samsung Galaxy S8 in 1 click? Please pay attention to this software - Samsung Data Transfer. It is a one-step transfer program for Android devices. What's more, it can copy contacts, SMS, call history, photos, app, videos, apps, and more. And there is no data loss during the transfer.
- Swiftly transfer apps to Galaxy S8.
- Transfer Note 4 to S8 in 1 click, including music, applications, contacts, call logs, documents, and so on.
- Transfer at least 8 data types between Android devices.
- Allow you to select files by category before the transfer.
- Help you transfer files from an iOS device to an Android device, and vice versa.
- Data migration between iPhones/iPads/iPod touch is supported.
It is highly compatible with most Galaxy phones and tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy S21/S20/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6, Samsung Galaxy A7/Tab S7/Tab S7 FE/Tab A 8.4/Tab S6/Tab S, Samsung Note 20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8/Note 7, etc. It can work smoothly on Xiaomi, OnePlus, Google, ZTE, LG, OPPO, Motorola, Vivo, iPhone 13 Pro/13/12/11/X/8, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro, iPod touch 7/6/5/4, and the like.
Download this data transfer software for free below.
Step 1. Open the Software
After installing the program on your computer, please launch it and click the "Mobile Transfer" module.
Step 2. Connect Samsung Devices to the Computer
Connect your Galaxy S8 and another Samsung device to the computer via USB, and enable the USB debugging mode on both devices. Then the program will recognize your devices.
Step 3. Transfer Files from Samsung to Samsung S8
- Ensure your Galaxy S8 is the destination device. Otherwise, click the "Flip" icon to change the position. Then tick the file types you want, and tap the "Start Copy" icon.
- The program will begin transferring the selected files to your Samsung Galaxy S8.
Bonus: This post has shared 5 effective solutions on photo recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8. If needed, check it out.
Samsung Smart Switch is a convenient app for data transmission on Samsung devices. It can copy data from an iOS/Android device to a Samsung device. If you want to transfer data from Samsung S5 to S8, this way is an ideal choice. By the way, it has desktop and mobile versions, and you will need the mobile version in this transfer.
Step 1. Download the App
Please download Smart Switch on Galaxy S5, and go to Settings to find this app on Samsung S8.
Step 2. Set Up a Connection
- Open the app, and choose the "Wireless" option. Then choose the "RECEIVE" > "Android" option on the S8.
- Click the "SEND" and "CONNECT" icons on the S5. After a while, the connection will be successful.
Step 3. Select and Transfer Content from S5 to S8
Please select the files you want to send on the S5, and tap the "SEND" icon at the bottom. Do not close the app until the saving process is over.
Read also: Searching for the best way to transfer data from Samsung to Lenovo? Let's take a look at this guide.
Generally speaking, every Samsung user has at least one Samsung account. Thus, you can upload data from your old Samsung phone to Galaxy S8 via your Samsung account. But you need to have available storage space on your account. Maybe you can delete the useless backups to release cloud space.
Step 1. Back Up S3 to Your Samsung Account
- To back up the data from Samsung S3 to your Samsung account, please go to Settings, and choose the "Accounts" > "Backup and reset" option, and turn on the "Back up my data" icon.
- Click the "Backup account" > "Add account" > "Samsung account" icon to type your account and password. Then sync the data to the Samsung account.
Step 2. Add the Account to S8
Go to Samsung Galaxy S8, click the "Cloud and accounts" > "Backup and restore" > "Backup settings" icon, and sign in with the same account.
Step 3. Restore the Backups to S8
Choose the "Samsung Cloud" option, and click the "Restore" icon. Then select your S3 device and the file types you want to restore. Finally, tap the "RESTORE NOW" icon. It will import the data to your S8.
Further reading: Want to back up and restore your Samsung Galaxy S10? Then please do not miss this article.
Another easy method is to connect both your Samsung devices to your computer. Then you can transfer data to Samsung S8 via drag and drop, including your downloaded TV shows, movies, songs, images, etc. However, it cannot help you move your contacts, SMS, call logs, and other settings data.
Step 1. Connect Samsung Devices to a Computer
Use data cables to link your Samsung phones to your computer, and choose the "File transfers" option.
Step 2. Access Your Mobile Devices
- Double-click This PC, and navigate to the files you plan to transfer on your old S8. Then open the folder on your new Galaxy S8, and drag and drop the files from the old device to the new one.
- Wait for the transfer. Once done, check the files on your new Samsung S8.
Planning to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to S8? You can use your SD card. In this way, you can not only complete the data transmission but also back up your important data to an SD card. Simply put, this is a reliable approach. But you need the help of Samsung Smart Switch if you want to transfer your contacts, memos, calendar events, and other basic data.
Step 1. Insert an SD Card to Galaxy Note 4
Please disassemble the back cover of your Galaxy Note 4, and insert the micro SD card into the device.
Step 2. Back Up Note 4 Data to the SD Card
Open Smart Switch on Note 4, and click the three-dot icon on the upper right. Then choose the "External storage transfer" option on the list, and click the "BACK UP" icon. It will transfer the data from Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to the SD card.
Step 3. Restore Data from the SD Card to Galaxy S8
- Remove the memory card from Note, and install it on your Galaxy S8. Next, go to Smart Switch, tap the menu icon, and choose the external storage option.
- Then, hit the "RESTORE" icon to transmit the data to your S8.
Tips: Where is Smart Switch on S8? Launch the Settings app, click the "Cloud and accounts" option. Then you will see the Smart Switch on the screen.
There is no difficulty in transferring data to Galaxy S8 because you have 5 standout assistants now. Moreover, you can directly follow the guide above to move data to your S8. Besides, Samsung Data Transfer is a reassuring program for your transfer. It can copy most data efficiently, with no ads, no data loss, and no internet needed.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.