Bought a new Samsung Galaxy S20/S21 to replace your old iPhone? Then you can enjoy the Android OS on your Samsung device. But what do you deal with your data on the iPhone? Let it go? Just kidding. Whether you are annoyed with this problem or not, you can relax now, because you can transfer iPhone to Samsung S20 smoothly with the following 5 methods.
They can help you move your contacts, text messages, photos, music, and so on. Let's select a helpful partner before the data transmission.
After switching from iPhone to Samsung S20, you might want to immediately move your data to the new smartphone. It is not a good idea to transfer your files one by one. Thus, you will need this iPhone to Samsung transfer software - Samsung Data Transfer. It can transfer various files from iPhone to Samsung S20 at a time, including media files. Furthermore, it will not damage the quality or alter file formats.
- Transfer data from iPhone to Samsung in 1 click.
- Support multiple data types, like photos, music, text messages, contacts, videos, and books.
- Enable you to select files by category before starting the transfer.
- Support the USB connection without iTunes.
- Allow you to transfer files from Android to Android and iOS to iOS, like applications, calendars, notes, bookmarks, etc.
- Widely work for most generations of iOS and Android OSes, including iOS 15 and Android OS 12.
You can use it on most iOS and Android devices, such as iPhone 13 Pro/13/12 Pro/12/11/XS/X/8/7, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPad Pro, Samsung Note 20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8/Note 7, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra/S21/S20/S10/S9, Samsung Galaxy M52 5G/M51/M42 5G//M32 5G, OnePlus, ZTE, Motorola, OPPO, Vivo, Xiaomi, and more.
Download this iPhone to Samsung transfer software for free below.
Step 1. Install the Software on a Computer
After downloading the package, you can directly double-click it to install the program on your computer.
Step 2. Connect Mobile Phones to the Computer
Connect your iPhone and Samsung S20 to the computer via an Apple and a Samsung cable respectively. Then click the "Trust" option on the iPhone, and enable the USB debugging mode on Samsung. The connection will be successful.
Step 3. Copy Data from iPhone to S20
- Check if the iPhone is on the "Source" side. If not, click the "Flip" icon to change it. Then select the iPhone data by category on the middle panel.
- Click the "Start Copy" icon to transfer the selected files to the Samsung S20.
Bonus: Upgrade your old iPhone to a new iPhone 13/12? These methods will help you move data to the new iPhone without effort.
Using Samsung Smart Switch can transfer text messages from an iPhone to Samsung S20. Of course, it can also send other content, like music, movies, images, and the like. Additionally, it supports two kinds of connections, wireless and cable connections. But the wireless transfer requires you to sync your iPhone data to iCloud in advance.
Step 1. Install Smart Switch on the iPhone
First of all, download and install this app on your iOS device, and open it on Samsung via the Settings app.
Step 2. Connect iPhone to Samsung
- To establish the connection between the iPhone and the Samsung phone, you need to launch the app, and click the "Send data" > "iPhone/iPad" > "Cable" option on the iPhone.
- Go to the Samsung S20, and tap the "Receive data" > "Cable" option. Then use a USB cable and a USB connector to connect both devices. If prompted, please click the "Trust" icon on the iOS device.
Step 3. Send Content from iPhone to Samsung S20
Click the "Next" icon, and choose the data you want to bring from your iPhone. At last, tap the "Transfer" icon to import the data to the S20.
Read also: Want to back up Samsung contacts to a computer? Please take a look at these 4 ways. They will be helpful.
Dropbox generally offers 2GB of free cloud storage space to every user, so that you can make use of Dropbox to transfer photos and music from your iPhone to Galaxy S20. Please note that it requires a stable network. Thus, you'd better connect your devices to an available Wi-Fi network.
Step 1. Download Dropbox
Please download the app on both smartphones. Then open it on iPhone, and sign in with your Dropbox account.
Step 2. Upload Pictures and Songs from iPhone to Dropbox
Click the "Create" icon and choose the "Create or Upload File" option. Then select the photos and music files you desire to transfer from your iPhone.
Step 3. Save Your iPhone Files to Samsung S20+
Sign in with the same account on your Samsung device. Now, you can preview and access your uploaded files from the iPhone on Dropbox. If you want, you can download the files to the internal storage on Samsung.
Further reading: It is easy to transfer data from OPPO to an iPhone, as long as you learn this guide.
You can also use a USB cable and a computer to transfer an iPhone to a Samsung S20. However, because you can only access the photo folder of your iPhone on a Windows computer, you will fail to transfer other files in this way. But if you use a Mac computer, you will need Android File Transfer to access your Samsung device.
Step 1. Link Cellphones to the PC
Link your cellphones to the PC via data cables. Please don't forget to unlock your devices, and choose "MTP" on Samsung and "Trust" on iPhone. Then the PC will recognize them quickly.
Step 2. Copy Photos from iPhone to Samsung S20
Go to This PC, and open the "DCIM" folder of your iPhone. Then copy the images you want, and paste them into a Samsung folder. The transfer will begin. Please wait patiently.
What about transferring contacts from iPhone to Samsung S20? Well, in this case, you can utilize iCloud. With it, you can export your iPhone contacts to the computer. Then you can import the contacts to your S20 without any hassle. There are multiple steps in this way, but it is exactly effective in contact migration.
Step 1. Sync Contacts to iCloud
Please go to Settings on iPhone, and click your username and the "iCloud" icon. Then enable the "iCloud Backup" and "Contacts" icons. Your iPhone contacts will be backed up to iCloud.
Step 2. Export iPhone Contacts from iCloud to the Computer
- Visit icloud.com on your computer, and sign in with your Apple ID. Next, choose the "Contacts" category, and click the Settings icon like a gear at the bottom left.
- Choose the "Select All" option, then select the "Export vCard" option. It will download your iPhone contacts to your computer as a VCF file.
Step 3. Import iPhone Contacts to Samsung S20
- Connect your Samsung phone to the PC via USB, and move the VCF file to the phone. Then go to the Contacts app, tap the "More" icon, and scroll down the screen to choose the "Manage contacts" option.
- Click the "Import or export contacts" > "Import" option, and select your vCard file. Then you will see your contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S20.
If you transfer one or two file types from iPhone to Samsung S20, you can use iCloud or the manual transfer way. But if you intend to transfer most data at once, you will need this professional transfer software - Samsung Data Transfer. It can copy your SMS, contacts, and other media data automatically. It's efficient, isn't it? Furthermore, it supports most iOS and Android devices. Whenever you switch to a new smartphone, it will come in handy.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.