When it comes to mobile phones, Apple is surely the industry giant. Each time an iPhone is being released, many people place orders without delay. And after getting a new iPhone, the first thing to do is set it up. Apple has made things easier for its phone users as they can easily transfer files from one iPhone to another.
But, after setting up your new iPhone, you may find out that you still need some data in your old iPhone. To transfer data to an already set up iPhone can be a real hassle. Luckily, this guide is here to enlighten you on how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone after setup. So, let's dive in and see what is in there for us!
Now, most iPhones run on iOS 11 or later. So, using Quick Start for setting up a new iPhone and transferring your files will be quick and easy. Quick Start is a tool developed by Apple to transfer data from one iPhone to another mainly.
Step 1. Activate the Quick Start Tool on the New iPhone
Firstly, switch on the new iPhone device, then bring it near the old device. Quick Start will then provide an option where an Apple ID will be used to set up the new iPhone device.
Step 2. Pair the Old and New iPhones
- Click "Continue" and wait for the animation to display on your new device. Hold the old iPhone over your new iPhone and place the animation directly to the viewfinder.
- After that, wait for the message saying "Finish on New [Device Name], then enter the passcode of your old iPhone on your new iPhone.
Step 3. Set Up Four Face or Touch ID on the iPhone
Set up the Touch or Face ID on the new iPhone and enter your Apple ID password on the new device.
Step 4. Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
The new iPhone device will offer you a choice of recovering data, apps, and settings from your old iPhone. Here, you'll just need to choose one backup with all the data you wish to transfer to a new iPhone.
Bonus: Which tools can transfer files from Android to an iPad? Here's a full guide for your reference.
Wonder transfer data from one iPhone to another after setup in simple clicks? In this case, you can use this professional tool - Samsung Data Transfer. It can transfer multiple data types from one iPhone to another after setup, including contacts, calendars, bookmarks, books, and notes.
Plus, this data transfer software is compatible with most generations of iOS devices, so that you can use it on iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/12 Pro/12/11 Pro/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6. Of course, you can transfer contacts and other data from iPhone to iPad, iPod touch, and vice versa. What's more, it also supports iPhone to Android data transfer, so you can move photos, music, videos, and more at a time.
Download this data transfer program for free below.
Step 1. Install and Launch the Transfer Software
You first need to install and launch the transfer program on your computer.
Step 2. Connect Your Old and New iPhone Devices to the Computer
- Connect the two iPhones to your computer using working USB cables, choosing the "Trust" option on both devices. The program will detect and recognize the devices automatically.
- After that, an interface will be displayed on the computer. Ensure your old iPhone is in Source's position and the new iPhone in Destination position. Just tap the "Flip" and change the position if they aren't.
Step 3. Transfer One iPhone to Another After Initial Setup
Choose the types of data you would like to transfer, then tap the "Start Copy" icon to start the data transfer process.
Read also: This guide can help you transfer your LG content to your iPhone. So, let's take a look.
If you want an ideal way to transfer data from one iPhone to another without a computer, then iCloud Backup is your way to go. Even though the process takes some time and needs wifi and a fast network, it's still worth it. Before transferring data, make sure both of your devices are connected to one network and Apple ID.
Step 1. Back Up the Old iPhone to Your iCloud
- For iPhone with iOS 10 or later, go to "Settings" and click your name. Then click "iCloud" and "iCloud Backup", and finally click "Back Up Now".
- For iPhone with iOS 9 or earlier, go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Backup". After that, continue to "iCloud Backup" and then click "Back Up Now".
Step 2. Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone During the Setup
- Switch on the new iPhone, and choose your language. After that, connect to the wifi network, and set up the Touch or Face ID. Then come up with a password.
- On the "Apps & Data" screen, click the "Restore from the iCloud Backup" option, and choose the latest file you did the backup. Then hit the "Restore" button.
Notes: If you have finished the setup on your new iPhone, you can reset it first: navigate to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings". Then you can restore data from the iCloud backup during the setup.
See more: If you want a powerful alternative to iTunes for your Android devices, you can browse this updated article. It will tell you 5 effective Android managers.
Transferring data from one iPhone to another is not a mystery with iTunes. You may easily back up your old iPhone in iTunes and then restore it to your new iPhone. Using iTunes is somehow tedious but if you prefer it.
Step 1. Back Up the Old iPhone with iTunes
- Connect the old iPhone to your computer, then launch iTunes on the computer. After the phone is detected, click the "iPhone" button under the "Devices" option.
- Select the "Summary" > "This Computer" from the "Backups" area, then tap "Backup Now".
Step 2. Retrieve iTunes Backup to Your New iDevice After the Setup
- Connect the new iPhone to the computer via the USB cable, then open iTunes. Once detected, click the "iPhone" and click the "Summary" icon.
- Tap the "Restore Backup" button and choose the latest backup file. Wait for some time for the process to finish.
Tips: You can also choose the "Restore from your iTunes Backup" option on the "App & Data" screen if you are setting up your new iPhone. Then connect your new iDevice to the computer, and restore the iTunes backup to the new iPhone.
Hopefully, you are now conversant with transferring data from iPhone to iPhone after setup. Even though many ways such as Quick Start, iTunes, and iCloud are still worthy ways, they aren't very safe, and the process is very complicated. So, to opt for a simple and easy way, the Samsung Data Transfer software is your tool. It makes the process faster, easier, and at the same time secure.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.