For data security, many users choose to back up Android contacts to computer, either Windows PC or Macbook. For different purposes, some users choose to save Android contacts as HTML file, some would like to export Android contacts to Excel (CSV & XLS) and some wants to save the contacts as VCF or Json formats. No matter what it is, since you have an Android contacts backup file, how do you transfer contacts from computer to Android if needed? Simply check this article to find effective solutions.
Android Contacts Manager - Best Tool to Manage Contacts on Android
Have a file backup of your old device and now want to transfer contacts from computer to Android phone that you have newly bought? Then this is when this Android Contacts Manager can help!
With this software, you can easily transfer contacts from computer to Android device in a batch. No matter how long your contacts list is, you can always make it within a little while. Also, it allows you to freely transfer contacts from your Android device to computer as a backup in case of sudden data losses, as well as other files like music, photos, videos, movies, call logs, SMS, books, apps and many more.
In addition to all these shining points, you can use it to bulk delete unwanted files, edit files as wanted directly on the computer. For Android contacts, you can add new contacts to Android directly on computer, selectively delete unwanted contacts in batches, edit contact info (name, email, phone number, website, address, middle name, etc.), export contacts to CSV, HTML, VCF, Outlook, BAK and XML files and import contacts from vCard file, Outlook and backup file (.bak, .json and .xml).
So now cannot wait to transfer contacts from computer to Android device? Just get the right version of this software and give it a try without hesitation!
Step 1. First of all, open the installed software on the computer and then get your Android phone connected to the computer via the USB cord. Then if you see the below interface, please enable USB debugging on your phone by following the steps as prompted.
Step 2. Then all the file folders will be detected and displayed on the main interface as pictured in the below. You can now enter the contacts tab on the left panel.
Step 3. Now hit the "Import" option on the top panel and navigate to the contacts files on the computer. Again, please be noted that the vCard file, Outlook and backup file (.bak, .json and .xml) are supported to import. Then you can wait patiently to finish importing contacts to Android from computer.
And if you want to transfer contacts from Android to computer as a backup, just select the wanted contacts by ticking them out and then hit the "Export" option to transfer contacts from Android to computer in one click.
If you have synced Android contacts to Gmail for backup, you can also follow the steps below to restore contacts from Gmail to Android if needed. See detailed steps on how to import Gmail contacts to Android >>
Here, you can have a quick look on how to import contacts from Gmail to Android phone:
1. Log into Gmail with your Gmail account and password.
2. On Gmail, choose contacts and export them to computer.
3. Connect your Android phone to computer and transfer exported contacts to Android phone.
4. Import contacts from Gmail to Android phone via Contact Settings.
Before going further, please be noted that the Android Contacts Manager in Guide 1 provides the simplest way to import Android contacts from Outlook. If you need to know how to use Outlook to import contacts to Android, you can read on to get more information. By the way, to import contacts from Outlook to Android phone, you need to export contacts from Outlook to computer at first before importing exported contacts from computer to Android.
1. Launch Outlook 2013, click "File" tab in the upper left corner and choose "Open & Export" option.
2. Choose "Import/Export" option to open the Import and Export Wizard with many importing and exporting options. Then please choose "Export to a file" option.
3. Choose the file type of the contacts. To export to another Outlook version, please choose "Outlook Data File"; to export to another mail program, please choose "Comma Separated Values". After selection, click "Next" to move on.
4. When you are asked to choose file to export, please choose "Contacts" and hit "Next". You can click "Browse" option to choose to location where you want to save the file on computer. Finally, you can click "Finish" button to complete the data transfer of Outlook contacts.
5. Refer to Guide 1 to import contacts from computer to Android.
Words in the End:
Now you have 3 ways to import contacts from computer to Android phone, what's your favorite one? Personally I think that to bulk transfer contacts between Android and computer, this Coolmuster Android Contacts Manager software surely is your best choice. Believe or not, just have a try!
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.