"How do I transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia? I bought a Sony Xperia phone, but I need my contacts and other important data. I cannot use my new Xperia phone unless I get my data onto it. Any apps help me move my data fast?"
A Sony Xperia smartphone is attractive for its special appearance, excellent camera, high-resolution display, etc. Although some people are not satisfied with its OS, it is still awesome in many people's minds. If you are new to Sony Xperia, and want to transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia, you can learn the following solutions.
Do you intend to transfer various file types from Samsung to Sony Xperia? If yes, you can use this Samsung to Sony transfer tool - Samsung Data Transfer. It supports a wide range of file types, such as contacts, photos, SMS, videos, apps, music, call logs, and more. There is no doubt that you can complete the data migration at a time. Plus, this software is equally effective if you want to copy data between other Android and iOS devices.
- Transfer data from Samsung to Sony and vice versa without losing quality.
- Support you to transfer contacts, music, pictures, user applications, text messages, documents, movies, and so on from Samsung to Sony Xperia.
- Allow you to select the file types you want before the transfer.
- Enable you to clear data on your target Android smartphone before copying data.
- Support USB and Wi-Fi connections between Android devices.
- Highly compatible with most Samsung and Sony mobile devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S21/S20/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5, Samsung Galaxy A7/Tab S7/Tab S7 FE/Tab A 8.4/Tab S6/Tab S, Sony Xperia Pro-I/Xperia 1 III/Xperia 5 III/Xperia Pro/Xperia 5 II/Xperia 5/Xperia 1 II/Xperia 1/Xperia 10 II, etc.
What's more, it also works for other Android and iOS devices. You can use it on Xiaomi, Google, OnePlus, Motorola, ZTE, LG, OPPO, Vivo, Huawei, Honor, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and the like.
Download Samsung Data Transfer for free below.
Step 1. Launch This Software
After downloading and installing this transfer program on your computer, please choose the "Mobile Transfer" tab to run it on the desktop.
Step 2. Connect Your Phones to the Computer
Connect your Samsung and Sony phones to the computer via USB cables, and follow the guide to enable the USB debugging mode on both devices. This software will recognize them quickly.
Step 3. Select and Copy Data from Samsung to Sony
- If needed, click the "Flip" icon to place your Sony phone on the "Destination" side. Then check the file types on the panel, and click the "Start Copy" icon to begin the transfer.
- It will automatically copy the selected data to your Xperia phone.
See also: You can also transfer files from Sony to Samsung without effort.
Xperia Transfer 2 is another useful tool to switch Samsung to Sony. It can move your media files, calendars, messages, and more. Besides, it supports USB and Wi-Fi Direct to copy data. But it cannot work on those Sony phones released before 2021 or the sending devices running Android 5.0 or lower.
Step 1. Install the App
Please install this Xperia transfer app, open it, and choose the "Cable" option on both mobile phones.
Step 2. Link Samsung to Sony
Click the "Send data" > "OK" option on Samsung, and choose the "Receive data" option on Sony. Then use a data cable and an adapter to link your mobile devices.
Step 3. Import Files from Samsung to Sony Xperia
Allow the app to access your devices, click the "Next" icon, and select the content you want to bring to your Sony phone. Finally, tap the "TRANSFER" > "NEXT" icon to start the process.
Read also: Click this link to see how to fast transfer text messages from Sony to a computer.
Using Google cloud services is a practical approach to sync data from Samsung to Sony Xperia. With your Google account, you can back up your Samsung data to Google cloud storage space, view the backup data on other devices, and sync the data via a network.
Step 1. Enable Google Backup on Samsung
Go to the Settings app on Samsung, and tap the "Accounts and backup" > "Backup and restore" option. Then toggle on the "Back up my data" icon.
Step 2. Upload Files to Your Google Account
Click the "Backup account" icon to add your Google account to the Samsung device, and hit the "Back up now" icon to transfer your Samsung data to Google Drive.
Step 3. Sync the Data to Sony Xperia
- Open Settings on Sony, and choose the "System" > "Backup" option, and enable the "Back up to Google Drive" feature.
- Next, click the "Account" option to type the same Google account, click the account, and tap the "Sync now" icon. It will sync your Samsung data to your Sony phone immediately.
Notes: Can I use Smart Switch from Samsung to Sony? Samsung Smart Switch supports many Android, iOS, and other mobile devices, but it can only transfer data from one mobile device to Samsung; conversely, it is invalid. Thus, we cannot use it to switch from Samsung to Sony.
As an available feature on almost all Android devices, Bluetooth is suitable to send files from Samsung to Sony within a short-range. But it is slow to transfer large files so that you will spend much time moving all your data.
Step 1. Turn On Bluetooth
Scroll down the screen, and you can highlight the Bluetooth icon on both mobile phones.
Step 2. Make a Connection
Choose your device on the detected list, and pair your Samsung phone with your Sony phone by confirming the PIN.
Step 3. Transfer Samsung Files to Sony via Bluetooth
Go to My Files on Samsung, and find the files you desire to send. Then tap the "Share" > "Bluetooth" icon and your Sony cellphone, it will send your files right away. Please tap the "Accept" option on Sony.
It is easy to transfer data from Samsung to Sony Xperia because both devices run Android OS. But not all the methods can move your data efficiently. If you would like to transfer most files to your Xperia phone and save you time, you can choose Samsung Data Transfer. This software can move your data in 1 click, and its read-only mode will keep the transfer safe without leakage.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.