Currently, almost everyone has the old phones, such as an old Samsung phone. Maybe you just put them away, or they would like to sell or donate the old phones to others in need. Whatever you want to do, you should learn how to wipe a Samsung phone completely and quickly. Because there is plenty of personal information on your old phones, including the phone which has no response, if you don't erase them permanently, the information might be used by the hackers easily.
Tips: What should you do before erasing?
1. You'd better back up all the data, including the contacts, text messages, call history which you want to transfer to the new phone on the PC.
2. Remove the SIM card and the SD card or other external storage if you don't want to erase them.
3. Log out the social media, like Google Drive, email and etc.
Samsung Eraser is like a safety guard to prevent your personal information from leaking. If once you learn to use Samsung Eraser, you can work out how to erase Samsung phone by yourself in ease. The steps are simple and you will get the detailed guide of Samsung Eraser in the following. Now, you can know the key features of the app in advance.
Key features and highlights of Samsung Eraser:
- Permanently delete the photos, videos, system settings, contacts, call logs, documents, text messages and other data and information of the users on the Samsung phone.
- You may choose low, medium and high these 3 erasing levels to wipe your Samsung phone.
- Support to erase a variety of formats of the data, so whatever kinds of formats on Samsung. They all will be erased by Samsung Eraser.
- There are two ways for your choice to connect, containing via Wi-Fi and USB cables.
- Support almost all Samsung phones and other brands of Android phones. For example, Samsung Eraser is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5/S4, Note 10+/Note 10/Note 9/Note 9 Plus/Note 8/Note 7/Note 6/Note 5, Galaxy J3/J3 Pro, Galaxy A9/A8/A7/A5, HTC U12+/U11+/U11/10, Sony Xperia 5/1/XZ3/XZ2/10+/10/XA2, LG, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Motorola and more.
Download Samsung Eraser for free below.
Step 1. Download and Install Samsung Eraser
First of all, you need to download Samsung Eraser on the computer. Please notice the Win version and Mac version of the app. Then install it by double-clicking. Run the app on the computer.
Step 2. Connect Samsung Device to PC
- Next, connect your Samsung device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure that you enable USB debugging on the Samsung phone. Samsung Eraser will detect and access your mobile phone immediately.
- If you want to make a wireless connection, you can click the Wi-Fi icon in blue on the primary interface. Follow the steps of the pop-up window and you will succeed in connecting.
Step 3. Select Levels to Erase
- Once linking, you will see the avatar of your Samsung device on the right side on the screen. Then tap on the "Erase" button and select the security level to erase.
- After selecting, click the "OK" option on the screen. Then type "delete" into the blank in order to identify your choice. Click the "Erase" button at the bottom right and tap on the "OK" on the pop-up page.
- Finally, Samsung Eraser will start the erasing process and it will end in a short time.
Maybe you like:
If your mobile phone is other brands of Android, do you know how to delete everything on Android?
Besides, this guide will teach you to transfer Samsung data to a Lenovo phone seamlessly. Let's check it out.
The factory reset is a common way for Samsung users to clear their mobile phones. It is really convenient for users to perform factory reset because we needn't download any apps on the phone. But the major problem is, you can't erase the data permanently on the Samsung phone with the factory reset, so everyone can restore the deleting data on the device via a recovery application.
Step 1. Data Backup
If needed, you can back up your data to another place, like the PC or the storage hard disc. If you don't back up, you will lose all the contacts, call logs and other files.
Step 2. Go to Settings
When you backed up the data, go to the "Settings" on the Samsung phone. Then choose the "Backup and reset" option on the screen and tap on the "Factory data reset",
Step 3. Factory Reset on Samsung
Tap on the "RESET DEVICE" to "ERASE EVERYTHING" on the interface. The factory reset will delete all your information on the Samsung phone. That will take a while and the phone will restart after finishing the reset.
Bonus: If you want to recover the deleting data when doing the factory reset on the Samsung Galaxy, you will need Samsung Galaxy recovery.
When you do the factory reset on the Samsung phone, you need to know your information and the files are still in the mobile phone and they can be restored via a restoration software because your data haven't gone through the overwriting. It just deletes the addresses of your data, thus, you can't find where the data are stored.
Perhaps you will meet the case that your Samsung phone has no response. For instance, when you can't turn on the Samsung device, you can take this way to solve how to delete everything on Samsung phone.
First, charge your Samsung phone with the USB cable and the charger.
Second, press and hold the Power key, Volume Up button and Bixby at the same time.
Third, you will see the options on the screen, and then use Volume Up and Down buttons to highlight the "Wipe data/factory reset" on the screen and tap on the Power key to choose. Finally, choose the "Yes-delete all user data" and your data will be deleted.
With the high security to wipe out all the data on the Samsung phone, you will permanently work out how to wipe your Samsung phone with Samsung Eraser. Therefore, it is recommended extremely to choose the professional application - Samsung Eraser to erase completely. If you choose the factory reset, you should overwrite the data manually. Why not be more convenient? Welcome to leave your opinions on the comments area.
Copyright © samsung-messages-backup.com All Rights Reserved.